ABC Banking Corporation Ltd, the banking arm of the ABC Group of Companies was first established in 1997 as a leasing company (the well-known ABC Finance & Leasing) and subsequently obtained its banking license on 01 June 2010. It is the first leasing company in Mauritius to have successfully converted into a Bank.
Thus, on December 09, 2010 ABC Banking Corporation Ltd started operations as a full-fledged commercial bank at 7 Duke of Edinburgh Avenue, Place DArmes, Port Louis with a solid base of deposit and leasing portfolio. As from Day 1 of its operations, the Bank has been aiming at excellent service delivery driven by innovation and operating on the most advanced banking technology platform in the market.
ABC Banking Corporation currently offers a wide range of products and services including current accounts, savings accounts, term deposits, leasing, housing loans & personal loans, term loans and revolving credit as well as Trade Finance services such as bank guarantee, letter of credit, import & export loans, collection document for import & export. In December 2011, it successfully launched its international Debit MasterCard and Internet Banking services to ensure more service accessibility to its valued clients.
WHAT ABC BANKING OFFERS:
- Personal and Corporate accounts
- Internet banking
- Phone banking
- Debit Master Card
- Customer support in English and French
- Accounts and cards in MUR, USD
- The approximate timeframe for account allocation is 3 to 5 days after the original documents have been received by the bank.
BANK TARIFFS AND CHARGES
ABC Banking Corporation can be considered as a low-cost bank with respect to incoming/outgoing payments and account maintenance. The bank charge for incoming payment is Nil. The outgoing payment fee is USD 50 (flat free) excluding oversees bank charges. The monthly maintenance cost of a USD account is Nil and for a CHF account its CHF 50 + Deposit Facility Fee of 1% P.A. on credit balance. There is no charge for internet banking.
- PLEASE NOTE that bank tariffs may be changed anytime at the sole discretion of the bank, we therefore suggest to contact us or visit the bank’s website for updated details on specific fees and charges.
- Agent Legal professional service fee for the assistance of bank account opening does not include any bank charges and commissions, account maintenance fees, transaction fees, initial deposit or minimum balance.
REQUIREMENTS FOR CORPORATE ACCOUNT SET UP WITH ABC BANKING:
- Personal presence is NOT required
- NO minimum balance
- NO initial deposit
- U.S. companies or citizens are not accepted for account opening.
- Account opening timeframe. The account will be activated within 3 – 5 business days, upon receipt by the bank of all duly completed forms and relevant information.
For the Company:
A set of legalized company documents consisting of:
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Memorandum and Articles of Associations
- Documents confirming the appointment of company directors and secretary (if any)
- document confirming the location of the registered office
- Share Certificate(s)
- Certificate of Good Standing if the company is more than 12 months old
- Copy of the Corporate Structure, identifying the ultimate beneficial owner(s)
- Valid License (if applicable)
For each director, shareholder, secretary, authorised signatory and ultimate beneficial owner:
- Notarized copy of valid passport.
The passport must be signed and signature must match the signature in the application form. The photograph must be clear and of good quality.
- Original or notarized copy of utility bill / bank statement dated within 3 months as verification of residential address.
- Original or notarized copy of Banker’s reference letter, dated within 3 months
- Power of Attorney (where applicable)
- Personal CV
For each corporate officer (Where the company directors or shareholders are legal entities), please provide:
A set of legalized company documents consisting of:
- Copy of constitutional documents (Certificate of Incorporation, Articles, etc.).
- Copy of Corporate Register (which shall include Register of Shareholders, Directors and Secretary).
- Copy of the Corporate Structure.
- Certificate of Good Standing.
There is a list of restricted countries/regions/citizens/residents for account opening: USA and Mexico, OFAC-listed countries, all CIS countries (including Russia, Ukraine and Belarus), several EU countries (including Romania and Latvia), African countries, South America and Balkans countries.
Documents that are not in English must be accompanied by a certified translation.
Once all documentation is available please email electronic copies to our representative for review; incomplete or unexecuted forms can create delays in the account opening process.
LICENSABLE BUSINESS ACTIVITIES
If you conduct any activity without required license or authorization granted by a relevant authority in any jurisdiction, Agent Legal will not be able to assist you with the company formation or bank account opening related to such unlicensed activity.
Licensable activities include, but not limited to: provision of financial services involving trading/brokerage in foreign exchange, financial and commodity-based derivative instruments and other securities; offering investment advice to public; insurance and banking business; operation and administration of collective investment schemes and mutual funds; payment processing services; money exchange, money transmission or money brokering; asset management; safe custody services; gaming, gambling and lotteries.
Please contact us if you need our assistance in licensing of your financial, Forex brokerage or gambling company.
Shipping of banking kits to your destination requires an extra charge and will be automatically added to the invoice during checkout. Shipping costs for international courier services are set automatically and can vary from USD 75 to USD 95. The fees depend on the jurisdiction where the bank is based as well as your destination country.