BMI Offshore was first registered in Seychelles in July 2008 as a joint venture between BMI Bank in Bahrain and the Seychelles-based bank Nouvobanq. After the bank’s reorganization, the Al Salam Bank of Bahrain came in as the new shareholder of BMIO after it acquired BMI Bahrain, the former 50 percent shareholder of the bank, in 2014. In May 2015 the BMI Offshore Bank Seychelles has been successfully handed over to shareholders and the Central Bank of Seychelles has approved the rebranding of the bank as Al Salam Bank-Seychelles (ASBS). The bank is resuming regular operations after being acquired by a new joint venture between ASBB, as a 70% shareholder, and Seychelles Pension Fund (SPF), as a 30% shareholder, with a total paid-up capital of US$4.834 (SCR63.9 million). The majority shareholder, ASBB, is a leading full serviced commercial bank offering Shari’a-compliant products headquartered in the Kingdom of Bahrain. The Bahrain-based bank was established in 2006 with a paid up capital of US$318 million (SCR4.2 billion).
ASBS bank is regulated by the Central Bank of Seychelles and licensed to conduct offshore banking business for both corporate and private customers around the world. The license to conduct offshore banking business is only the 2nd such license issued by the Central Bank of Seychelles in the last 7 years.
The Bank of Baroda is ASBS’s foreign correspondent bank through its branches in New York, London and Frankfurt for dollar, pounds sterling and euro currency transfers.
ASBS Bank currently offers its customers a range of products and services including current & term deposit accounts, internet banking, and personal relationship managers.
WHAT ASBS BANK OFFERS:
- Personal and Corporate accounts
- Internet banking
- Debit Visa card in EUR & USD
- Accounts in GBP, USD, EUR
- No fees for inward transfers & competitively priced transfer charges
- Free monthly or quarterly bank statements
- Customer support in English and French
BANK TARIFFS AND CHARGES
BMI Offshore Bank can be considered as a medium-cost bank with respect to incoming/outgoing payments and account maintenance. Depending on the amount of transfer and date, the incoming and outgoing charges will vary from USD 50 – USD 150. The monthly account maintenance fee is USD 15.
- PLEASE NOTE that bank tariffs may be changed anytime at the sole discretion of the bank, we therefore suggest to contact us or visit the bank’s website for updated details on specific fees and charges.
- Agent Legal professional service fee for the assistance of bank account opening does not include any bank charges and commissions, account maintenance fees, transaction fees, initial deposit or minimum balance.
REQUIREMENTS FOR PERSONAL ACCOUNT SET UP WITH ASBS BANK
- Personal presence is NOT required
- Minimum balance of USD 10,000
- Account opening timeframe. The account will be activated within 7 – 10 business days, upon receipt by the bank of all duly completed forms and relevant information.
- Notarized copy of valid passport.
The passport must be signed and signature must match the signature in the application form. The photograph must be clear and of good quality.
- Original or notarized copy of utility bill / bank statement dated within 3 months as verification of residential address.
- Original or notarized copy of Lawyer’s/Banker’s/Accountant’s reference letter, dated within 3 months
- Personal CV
Shipping of corporate documents or banking kits to your destination requires an extra charge and will be automatically added to the invoice during checkout. Shipping costs for international courier services are set automatically and can vary from USD 75 to USD 95. The fees depend on the jurisdiction of your ordered company, the country where the bank is based as well as your destination country.