Bank Pekao SA is the member of UniCredit Group and one of the largest financial institutions in Central and Eastern Europe. The Bank has the second largest network of 1000 branches and 5000 ATMs in Poland and approx. 20 000 in 17 countries in Europe.
Bank Pekao SA has many prestigious awards and distinctions, both in Poland and internationally: Best Mobile Banking 2014 by Money.pl, Best Bank in Poland in the Scope of Transaction Banking Services by Euromoney Magazine, Bank of the Year in CEE 2013 by Europe Property, 3 consecutive times recognized as the best bank in Poland by “The Banker” and “Global Finance”.
As a commercial bank it offers services to both individual and corporate clients: retail banking, private banking, corporate and Investment banking, investments in debt securities and other instruments, assets and liabilities management.
WHAT PEKAO BANK OFFERS:
- Full range of banking services.
- Current accounts in all major currencies.
- Corporate and personal accounts.
- Private Banking.
- Internet Banking.
- Mobile Banking.
- Phone top-ups.
- Cash management.
- Trade finance.
- MasterCard credit/debit cards.
- Customer support in Polish and English.
The approximate timeframe for account allocation from 5 to 7 business days receipt of the original documents by the bank.
BANK TARIFFS AND CHARGES
Bank’s tariffs and charges depend on the package chosen, however generally Pekao bank can be considered as a low-cost bank with respect to account maintenance and bank transfer fees. Monthly maintenance fee ranges between 0 and PLN 99. Payments in the Single Euro Payments Area (SEPA) are charged 0.25%, min. PLN 30 and max. PLN 120.
- PLEASE NOTE that bank tariffs may be changed anytime at the sole discretion of the bank, we therefore suggest to contact us or visit the bank’s website for updated details on specific fees and charges.
- Agent Legal professional service fee for the assistance of bank account opening does not include any bank charges and commissions, account maintenance fees, transaction fees, initial deposit or minimum balance.
REQUIREMENTS FOR CORPORATE ACCOUNT SET UP WITH PEKAO BANK
- Personal presence of the beneficial owner or director in one of the bank branches in Poland is obligatory.
- No initial deposit or minimum balance requirements.
- Corporate and personal documentation must be translated into Polish and duly certified. Agent Legal can assist you with translation services in Poland with further dispatch of the documents to the bank.
- Account opening timeframe. The account will be activated within 5 – 7 business days, upon receipt by the bank of all duly completed forms, relevant information and face-to-face meeting with the client.
For the Company:
A set of legalized company documents consisting of:
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Memorandum and Articles of Associations
- Documents confirming the appointment of company directors and secretary (if any)
- document confirming the location of the registered office
- Share Certificate(s)
- Certificate of Good Standing if the company is more than 12 months old
- Copy of the Corporate Structure, identifying the ultimate beneficial owner(s)
- Valid License (if applicable)
For each director, shareholder, secretary, authorised signatory and ultimate beneficial owner:
- Notarized copy of valid passport.
The passport must be signed and signature must match the signature in the application form. The photograph must be clear and of good quality.
- Original or notarized copy of utility bill / bank statement dated within 3 months as verification of residential address.
- Original or notarized copy of Banker’s reference letter, dated within 3 months
- Power of Attorney (where applicable)
- Personal CV
For each corporate officer (Where the company directors or shareholders are legal entities), please provide:
A set of legalized company documents consisting of:
- Copy of constitutional documents (Certificate of Incorporation, Articles, etc.).
- Copy of Corporate Register (which shall include Register of Shareholders, Directors and Secretary).
- Copy of the Corporate Structure.
- Certificate of Good Standing.
Documents that are not in Polish must be accompanied by a certified translation.
IMPORTANT NOTE: LICENSABLE BUSINESS ACTIVITIES
If you conduct any activity without required license or authorization granted by a relevant authority in any jurisdiction, Agent Legal will not be able to assist you with the company formation or bank account opening related to such unlicensed activity.
Licensable activities include, but not limited to: provision of financial services involving trading/brokerage in foreign exchange, financial and commodity-based derivative instruments and other securities; offering investment advice to public; insurance and banking business; operation and administration of collective investment schemes and mutual funds; payment processing services; money exchange, money transmission or money brokering; asset management; safe custody services; gaming, gambling and lotteries.
Please contact us if you need our assistance in licensing of your financial, Forex brokerage or gambling company.
Shipping of corporate documents or banking kits to your destination requires an extra charge and will be automatically added to the invoice during checkout. Shipping costs for international courier services are set automatically and can vary from USD 75 to USD 95. The fees depend on the jurisdiction of your ordered company, the country where the bank is based as well as your destination country.