USB Bank PLC, originally Yialousa Savings Bank, was established in 1925 in Yialousa, Cyprus. The bank provides an array of banking services and products and has currently a total of 14 branches and 17 ATMs around Cyprus.
In 1974, the bank became supervised by the Central Bank of Cyprus; however, its operations were brought a halt due to the Turkish invasion. The bank resumed its operations in 1990. In 1996, 30% of the bank’s shares were acquired by Universal Life and the bank was renamed Universal Savings Bank Ltd. In 2009, the bank was renamed USB Bank PLC.
In 2010, BLC Bank SAL began to acquire share capital of the bank. BLC Bank SAL is a Lebanese financial institution and a member of the largest banking group in Lebanon, Fransabank. In 2016, BLC Bank SAL had acquired 99.25% of its share capital. In 2017 the bank opened a representative office in Moscow.
WHAT USB BANK OFFERS:
- Current Accounts
- Deposit and Savings Accounts
- Loan Schemes
- Credit Facilities
- Trade Services
- Treasury Services
- EIB Loans
- E-banking Facilities
- Visa Prepaid/Credit Cards
BANK TARIFFS AND CHARGES
USB Bank is considered as a medium-cost bank with respect to the account maintenance fees. The account maintenance fee for a corporate account is EUR 50 per quarter. For a personal account, the maintenance fee is EUR 100 per year.
- PLEASE NOTE: The bank tariffs may change at anytime at the sole discretion of the bank, we therefore suggest to contact us or visit the bank’s website for updated details on specific fees and charges.
- The Agent Legal professional service fee for the assistance of bank account opening does not include any bank charges and commissions, account maintenance fees, transaction fees, initial deposit or minimum balance.
REQUIREMENTS FOR PERSONAL ACCOUNT SET UP WITH USB BANK
- Personal Presence is required
- No initial deposit required
- The recommended minimum balance is EUR 100,000.
- Account Opening time frame: This is on a case by case basis.
- Notarized copy of valid passport.
The passport must be signed and signature must match the signature in the application form. The photograph must be clear and of good quality.
- Original or notarized copy of utility bill / bank statement dated within 3 months as verification of residential address.
- Original or notarized copy of Banker’s reference letter, dated within 3 months
- Personal CV
Shipping of banking kits to your destination requires an extra charge and will be automatically added to the invoice during checkout. Shipping costs for international courier services are set automatically and can vary from USD 75 to USD 95. The fees depend on the jurisdiction where the bank is based as well as your destination country.