VP Bank Group is an internationally positioned private bank. It specialises in asset management services for private individuals and intermediaries. VP Bank was founded in 1956 and its shares are listed on SIX Swiss Exchange. The Group’s financial strength is rated “A–” by Standard & Poor’s.
Founded in 1995, VP Bank (BVI) Ltd was the first VP Bank subsidiary established outside of Europe. The bank holds a general banking license as well as a Securities and Investment Business license. We offer the full range of private banking services to high-net worth individuals, intermediaries and asset managers worldwide.
VP Bank (BVI) Ltd is the only Private Bank in the BVI. The bank is supported and strengthened by its sister offices in Liechtenstein, Switzerland and Luxembourg who have a long unblemished history of providing first class banking services.
VP Bank (BVI) Ltd is specialized in providing tailor made investment management solutions and related investment services to international and domestic clientele.
WHAT VP BANK (BVI) OFFERS:
VP Bank (BVI) Ltd offers a wide range of banking services, including accounts in all major currencies (and a few specialty currencies such as the Offshore Chinese Yuan Renminbi), international wire transfers, securities, foreign exchange and precious metals trading for both institutional and private clients.
- Accounts in various currencies
- Wealth planning
- E – Banking
- Asset management
- Family office services
- Fund solutions
The bank do not offer retail bank facilities such as credit/debit cards or checking accounts. The bank cannot handle large volumes of payment transactions. The bank only deals with domestic lending (BVI) and investment / custody of securities for wealth management.
The approximate timeframe for account allocation from 7 to 10 business days receipt of the original documents by the bank.
BANK TARIFFS AND CHARGES
VP Bank can be considered as a medium-cost bank with respect to incoming/outgoing payments and account maintenance. Incoming wire transfers are free of charge. International wire transfers executed by client via e-banking will be charged at USD 50 and international transfers ordered in person or in writing will be USD 150, not including foreign bank charges. The monthly account maintenance fee for international accounts is USD 20 per month if the total account balance is more that USD 100,000 and USD 80 per month if the account has less than USD 100,000.
- PLEASE NOTE that bank tariffs may be changed anytime at the sole discretion of the bank, we therefore suggest to contact us or visit the bank’s website for updated details on specific fees and charges.
- Agent Legal professional service fee for the assistance of bank account opening does not include any bank charges and commissions, account maintenance fees, transaction fees, initial deposit or minimum balance.
REQUIREMENTS FOR CORPORATE ACCOUNT SET UP WITH VP BANK (BVI):
- Personal presence is not required.
- A minimum initial deposit and ongoing balance of at least USD 100,000 or equivalent in any of the major currencies or assets.
- Account opening timeframe. The account will be activated within 7 – 10 business days, upon receipt by the bank of all duly completed forms and relevant information.
For the Company:
A set of legalized company documents consisting of:
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Memorandum and Articles of Associations
- Documents confirming the appointment of company directors and secretary (if any)
- document confirming the location of the registered office
- Share Certificate(s)
- Certificate of Good Standing if the company is more than 12 months old
- Copy of the Corporate Structure, identifying the ultimate beneficial owner(s)
- Valid License (if applicable)
For each director, shareholder, secretary, authorised signatory and ultimate beneficial owner:
- Notarized copy of valid passport.
The passport must be signed and signature must match the signature in the application form. The photograph must be clear and of good quality.
- Original or notarized copy of utility bill / bank statement dated within 3 months as verification of residential address.
- Original or notarized copy of Banker’s reference letter, dated within 3 months
- Power of Attorney (where applicable)
- Personal CV
For each corporate officer (Where the company directors or shareholders are legal entities), please provide:
A set of legalized company documents consisting of:
- Copy of constitutional documents (Certificate of Incorporation, Articles, etc.).
- Copy of Corporate Register (which shall include Register of Shareholders, Directors and Secretary).
- Copy of the Corporate Structure.
- Certificate of Good Standing.
Documents that are not in English must be accompanied by a certified translation.
The bank do not offer services to any US resident clients or to any structures that encompass US resident entities.
LICENSABLE BUSINESS ACTIVITIES
If you conduct any activity without required license or authorization granted by a relevant authority in any jurisdiction, Agent Legal will not be able to assist you with the company formation or bank account opening related to such unlicensed activity.
Licensable activities include, but not limited to: provision of financial services involving trading/brokerage in foreign exchange, financial and commodity-based derivative instruments and other securities; offering investment advice to public; insurance and banking business; operation and administration of collective investment schemes and mutual funds; payment processing services; money exchange, money transmission or money brokering; asset management; safe custody services; gaming, gambling and lotteries.
Please contact us if you need our assistance in licensing of your financial, Forex brokerage or gambling company.
Shipping of banking kits to your destination requires an extra charge and will be automatically added to the invoice during checkout. Shipping costs for international courier services are set automatically and can vary from USD 75 to USD 95. The fees depend on the jurisdiction where the bank is based as well as your destination country.